Despite the opportunities offered by the new EU-Japan trade deal, European automotive industry stakeholders are preparing for the impact of slowing economic growth across Europe, uncertainty caused by ongoing Brexit negotiations, the threat of escalating global trade tensions and renewed concern about Italian debt.
“Against this background, it is perhaps a little surprising that the current outlook for vehicle demand is fairly benign,” said Jonathan Storey, author of Greenstreetsoftware.info’s European market outlook report, which covers 30 EU and EFTA markets.
Nonetheless, Storey remains optimistic about the market’s overall strength, adding, “Both the light and heavy vehicle sectors are expected to undergo cyclical declines over the next couple of years, but these are the ebbs and flows of mature markets, not a sign of markets in meltdown.”
This exclusive Greenstreetsoftware.info report looks at the prospects for the light vehicle and heavy commercial vehicle sectors in Europe in 2019 and through to 2023.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Chapter 1: Recent light vehicle (LV) demand
- Chapter 2: Market characteristics
- Chapter 3: Market and model shares
- Chapter 4: Economic outlook
- Chapter 5: LV Outlook
- Chapter 6: Recent heavy vehicle demand & characteristics of key markets
- Chapter 7: HV market shares
- Chapter 8: Outlook for HV demand
- Appendix (Excel)
- Historic vehicle sales by OEM group and brand (2014-2018)
- Vehicle sales forecasts by OEM group and brand (2019-2023)