China’s rate of economic growth slowed to 6.9% in 2015 and is forecast to remain close to 6% in the years to 2020.
Using macro-economic indicators and automotive industry data, this report outlines reasons behind the positive outlook for China’s light vehicle (LV) and heavy commercial vehicle (HCV) markets over the forecast period.
Greenstreetsoftware.info subscribers will learn about the factors behind a forecast that sees LV demand rising to 25 million units by 2020, and the HCV market recovering in 2016, before rising to over 1.6 million units in the later years of the forecast.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Recent light vehicle (LV) demand
- Market characteristics
- Ownership levels
- Distribution of LV sales
- Vehicle finance
- Market shares
- Economic outlook
- Outlook for light vehicle (LV) demand
- China’s heavy commercial vehicle (HCV) market
- Outlook for heavy commercial vehicle (HCV) demand
- Appendix (Excel)
- Historic vehicle sales by OEM group and brand (2010-2015)
- Vehicle sales forecasts by OEM group and brand (2016-2020)