This exclusive Greenstreetsoftware.info report focuses on ten Asian markets: Australia, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, S. Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. Greenstreetsoftware.info has published separate reports on the Chinese and Indian vehicle markets.
Across the region there were some 168 million cars and CVs in circulation in 2013/14, as well as the significant numbers of 2- and 3-wheelers. After two successive years of growth, the region’s light vehicle (LV) market dipped in 2014 to 11.5 million units, and HCV sales fell to 401,000 units, the second successive year of decline.
LV demand is expected weaken in 2015 but steady growth from 2016 should take the market to just below 13 million units by 2019. HCV demand is also expected to decline in 2015, but a reasonably strong rebound in 2016 and further aggregate increases should take the market above 460,000 units by the end of the forecast period.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Chapter 1: Recent light vehicle (LV) demand
- Chapter 2: Market characteristics
- Ownership levels
- Chapter 3: Market shares
- Chapter 4: Economic outlook
- Chapter 5: Asia-10 heavy commercial vehicle (HCV) market
- Chapter 6: Outlook for HCV demand
- Appendix (Excel)
- Historical vehicle sales by OEM group and brand (2010-2014)
- Vehicle sales forecasts by OEM group and brand (2015-2019)