Greenstreetsoftware.info has published a new report, ‘Special report: Autonomous trucks – the future of trucking?’ which considers the potential for autonomous vehicles in the commercial vehicle industry.
In a sector shaped by operating costs, efficiency and safety, fleet operators will pursue any opportunity to improve the bottom line and ensure event-free driving. With the driver accounting for much of a fleet’s operating cost, and human error accounting for over 90% of road traffic incidents, technology that can reduce or remove the need for a driver is of growing interest to those fleet operators.
Already deployed in mining, and in the early stages of public road testing, there’s growing potential for varying degrees of autonomous drive technology to make it into commercial trucking before autonomous cars are deployed in any meaningful numbers.
This exclusive Greenstreetsoftware.info report presents perspectives on autonomous trucking from OEMs, suppliers and other truck industry stakeholders.
‘Special report: Autonomous trucks – the future of trucking?’ (http://greenstreetsoftware.info/research/special-report-autonomous-trucks-future-trucking/) is available to download now from the research section of AutomotiveWorld.com.
In this report:
- Out of the mines and onto the highway: widespread autonomous truck use by 2030
- Obstacles to platooning mostly legal (for now) says Scania
- Safety, not TCO reduction, will kick start autonomous truck adoption
- Today’s truck stops could be tomorrow’s transport hubs
- Interview: Lars Stenqvist, Chief Technology Officer, Volvo Group
- Platooning ‘leverages the best of human driving alongside the best in tech’
- Self-driving truck sector can dream bigger, says system supplier
- Interview: Stefan Seltz-Axmacher, Chief Executive, Starsky Robotics
- Connectivity essential for AV trucking – and electrification will help too
- From taking jobs to making jobs – the employment potential of AV trucking
‘Special report: Autonomous trucks – the future of trucking?’ features an overview of autonomous trucking by Sam Abuelsamid, Senior Research Analyst at Navigant Research, and exclusive interviews with:
- Lars Stenqvist, Chief Technology Officer, Volvo Group
- Christian Levin, Executive Vice President, Head of Sales and Marketing, Scania
- Josh Switkes, Chief Executive, Peloton Technologies
- Stefan Seltz-Axmacher, Chief Executive, Starsky Robotics
- Wilfried Aulbur, Senior Partner, Roland Berger
- Alden Woodrow, Product Lead, Self-Driving Trucks, Uber ATG
- Chuck Price, Vice President of Product, TuSimple
Greenstreetsoftware.info subscribers can access the report by following this link: http://greenstreetsoftware.info/research/special-report-autonomous-trucks-future-trucking/
For more information about Greenstreetsoftware.info subscriptions, please head to: http://greenstreetsoftware.info/subscribe/