Just a few weeks after the world premiere of the saloon and estate the two-door version of the C‑Class proves it is also enjoying its new top form with the coupé and cabriolet. Sportiness and driving pleasure have been enhanced with a sharper design, digital cockpit and DYNAMIC BODY CONTROL suspension. New four-cylinder engines, some of which are equipped with 48 V technology (EQ Boost) and the Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC (fuel consumption combined: 9.8-9.2 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 223-212 g/km) now with 287 kW (390 hp) underscore the dynamic nature of this highly emotively appealing C‑Class representative. Coupé and Cabriolet will celebrate their world première at the New York International Auto Show. The two-door vehicles will be available at sales partners from July.
The secret of the C-Class’s success is partly down to the wide model range, also including two sporty two-door versions: the coupé launched at the end of 2015 and the cabriolet available since the summer of 2016 address the heart and mind in equal measure. The design of the vehicles is one of the main reasons for purchasing in Europe. Both models are produced at the Mercedes-Benz Bremen plant.
Shortly after the saloon and estate, the two-door models too are benefiting from extensive revisions. The most important enhancements at a glance:
- New four-cylinder engines, some of which with 48 V on-board electrical system (EQ Boost) for sporty driving pleasure with high efficiency
- Advancement of the sporty design in particular at the front and tail end, new light-alloy wheels, new colours
- Now standard-fit LED High Performance headlamps with new design or optional MULTIBEAM LED headlamps with ULTRA RANGE Highbeam
- Enhanced interior with digital cockpit (31.2 cm/12.3 inches), larger media display (26 cm/10.25 inches), new multifunction steering wheel with touch-control buttons. Many opportunities for individualisation, e.g. through new open-pore trim elements
- Lounge atmosphere thanks to ambient lighting now with 64 colours and ENERGIZING comfort control to enhance wellbeing and fitness
- Additional sound system with nine loudspeakers and an output of 225 W as a new optional extra between the standard sound system and the Burmester® surround sound system
- Individually configurable driving experience with new DYNAMIC BODY CONTROL suspension including damping characteristics adjustable in three stages and Sports Direct-Steer system or AIR BODY CONTROL suspension
- Future-oriented driving assistance systems from Mercedes-Benz with S‑Class functions and cooperative driver support
The stated figures were determined in accordance with the prescribed measuring method. These are the “NEDC CO2 figures” according to Art. 2 No. 1 Implementing Regulation (EU) 2017/1153. The fuel consumption figures were calculated based on these figures.*Greenstreetsoftware.info is not responsible for the content of this news release.