CNH Industrial (NYSE: CNHI / MI: CNHI), the reconfirmed Industry Leader in the Dow Jones Sustainability (DJSI) World and Europe Indices for the fifth consecutive year; the 2015 DJSI Capital Goods Industry Group Leader; included in the CDP Climate A List; a Company acknowledged amongst a number of other important sustainability indices with 6.32% of its free float held by Socially Responsible Investors (SRI), has published its 2015 Sustainability Report. The Report presents the results achieved and describes the Company’s main projects and targets.
Main environmental results:
- -2% of energy consumption per hour of production in comparison to 2014;
- 48% of the total energy consumption at manufacturing facilities is from renewable sources;
- 18,000 tons of CO2 emissions avoided due to the adoption of energy saving projects (equaling 59 flights between London and Chicago);
- 27% of water recycled (equal to the amount of water contained in 812 Olympic-size swimming pools);
- -9% waste produced per hour of production in comparison to 2014 (equal to the weight of 869 Statues of Liberty);
- 7 monitored plants near protected or highly bio diverse areas.
Main social results:
- 94% of supply entrusted to local suppliers;
- 100% of new suppliers evaluated according to sustainability criteria;
- 150 suppliers involved in the CDP supply chain questionnaire;
- $3.7 million invested in local community projects;
- $84 million spent on Occupational Health and Safety projects;
- -9% in the occupational accident frequency rate in comparison to 2014;
- $4.5 million invested in employee training;
- $450,000 in grants and scholarships awarded to the sons and daughters of employees.
The report is divided into three sections:
- Our Sustainable Company – contains a description of how CNH Industrial operates in a global context, outlining the aspects that are material to the Company and its stakeholders and the process through which they are identified. It also contains the results achieved during the year and the Company’s objectives for the future;
- How We Get Things Done – illustrates how the company takes care of its employees and how it interacts with local communities as well as public and private organizations;
- Our Value Chain – describes the CNH Industrial value chain: from the concept of a new product to its design, from production to sale, from the relationship with the commercial network to customer support until the end of the product life cycle.
The 2015 Sustainability Report presents:
- More than 100 targets that CNH Industrial has taken on for the future;
- Approximately 200 qualitative and quantitative indicators in the areas of economics, environment and society;
- Over 180 environmental or social projects and initiatives, of which more than 50 are specifically targeted towards the well-being of the communities in proximity of CNH Industrial locations.
to view the full release.
The interactive version of CNH Industrial’s 2015 Sustainability Report is available online at: